Monday, July 20, 2009
Over the hill
While Doe and Buck were here, we headed over the Santa Cruz mountains to the beach in Capitola. The leftover pizza from the baptism party and some fruit made a great picnic and being Monday, we avoided the weekend crowds (and traffic). Doe and Buck were enjoying the relatively cool weather in San Jose(compared to Oklahoma), but were shocked at the change in temperature when we opened the doors at the beach. As you can see Mara had a love hate relationship with the sand (I can relate).
I could make an entire post of attempts at getting a family photo from the weekend, but I'll spare you the details and just say a 2 year old does not like to be held and cooperate upon request.

Chasing waves

Yes dear, that is cold water in the Pacific Ocean.

I love these expressions.

Washing hands
Disaster was written all over this attempt at clean pails, but she came out it remarkably dry.

Beach bums
After avoiding the sand all day (and washing off excessively) she couldn't get enough of the dry, warm sand all over her before we left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment