Getting Her Shoes on the Right Feet
I ran across
this brilliant idea for helping kids put their shoes on the right feet because as any parent of a toddler will tell you they get it wrong more than 50% of the time but insist on doing it themselves. Mara loves to tell us her shoe smilies are kissing and her Crocs are almost always on the right feet now. I just wish I could figure out a way to do it on her other favorite pair of shoes (that have a dark sole with a horizontal seam right through the middle).
Dinner while Daddy is Traveling

Make your own pizza night is fun and delicious. Mara willingly tries new vegetables and it's a meal I totally don't mind her help in the kitchen. I am still perfecting my technique as tonight they became calzones because I forgot to flour my makeshift pizza slip. We get refrigerated pizza dough, a can of tomato sauce, and a chunk of mozzarella from the store. To the sauce I add some basil and oregano from the garden. If it is just the 2 of us I freeze half of everything now. Preheat the oven, rest the dough, shred the cheese (I add some parmesan which is usually present in my fridge) too and prepare some vegetables (we have done spinach, mushrooms, red pepper, tomatos and basil). Shape the dough (Mara always request that I throw it in the air), layer and bake.
No comments:
Post a Comment