We happened to eat dinner a bit early so I had a few minutes to sit down and identify a few of the creatures we saw on our nature hike today. My favorite two spottings were some blue damselflies that would sit and rest on rocks. They were the most beautiful iridescent blue color. The other was a pretty black/brown, white and orange butterfly. When I can't find these on the simple fold up guides we carry with us I really enjoy finding them in books and on the internet once were home. Today it seems we saw a Lorquin's Admiral Butterfly and a Vivid Dancer Damselfly. Mara was also so cute sitting down to mark in her "nature journal". She wanted to write all about the scat we saw and the various sizes of rocks! Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Nature Study
We happened to eat dinner a bit early so I had a few minutes to sit down and identify a few of the creatures we saw on our nature hike today. My favorite two spottings were some blue damselflies that would sit and rest on rocks. They were the most beautiful iridescent blue color. The other was a pretty black/brown, white and orange butterfly. When I can't find these on the simple fold up guides we carry with us I really enjoy finding them in books and on the internet once were home. Today it seems we saw a Lorquin's Admiral Butterfly and a Vivid Dancer Damselfly. Mara was also so cute sitting down to mark in her "nature journal". She wanted to write all about the scat we saw and the various sizes of rocks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment